Eric Townsend, ESQ.
Eric Townsend enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps straight out of high school and had the good fortune to be stationed in Southern California. He fell in love with San Diego and decided to make it his permanent home in 1998. Eric received his Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego School of Law and partnered at his first law firm in 2010. After several devastating wildfires swept through California, Eric discovered a passion for helping wildfire victims fight insurance companies. He founded the Law Eagles Fire and Smoke Attorneys, where he manages and directs all litigation matters for the firm.
In fire related claims across California, bad faith legal matters plague insurance policy holders as insurance carriers do everything in their power to deny or underpay claims. Eric's passion and Marine Corps spirit ignite his motivation to go to battle with these billion-dollar insurance company bullies. Eric has handled thousands of fire and smoke, bad faith, and denied insurance claim cases. Whether at trial, mediation, or in private settlement discussions, Eric knows how to navigate the path to justice for his clients.
Eric is the recipient of numerous awards and accolades and is a respected member of the legal community. He is always looking for ways to better his practice and bring greater justice to his clients. Through faith and determination, the Law Eagles Fire and Smoke Attorneys are ready to convert every dispute into a triumph of justice.
- J.D. from the University of San Diego School of Law
- B.S. in Criminal Justice from San Diego State University
- Wildfire Lawsuits
- Home and Business Fire Damage Lawsuits
- Smoke, Ash, and Soot Damage Lawsuits
- California Bar Association, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association Committee for The Real Property Law Section, Member
- National Association of Realtors, Member
- California Association of Realtors, Member
- San Diego Association of Realtors, Member
- San Diego Creative Investors Association, Member
- Professor Robert & Dolores Simmons Award for Outstanding Environmental Clinic Intern
- Military Pro-Bono Program
- United State Marine Corps, Enlisted
- Laurus Law Group, Partner
- D'Egidio, Shah, & Townsend, APC, Partner
- University of San Diego Environmental Law Clinic